Dial-Up Internet Setup in Windows 7 / Vista
What you need before you start:
A computer running Windows 7/Vista.
A modem that is connected to a phone line.
An Internet Dial-Up account through BentonREA’s PowerNET
An account information sheet with your username, password and e-mail address.
1. Click the Windows Logo at the bottom left of your desktop.
2. Click on “Connect To”
3. Click on “Set up a connection or network”
4. Click on “Set up a dial-up connection”, then click Next.
5. In the box labeled “Dial-up phone number:”, enter the Access Number for your area.
786-1023 – Prosser
836-5616 – Sunnyside
497-4026 – W. Richland / Tri-Cities / Benton City
469-1199 – Yakima
865-1828 – Toppenish
6. In the box labeled “User Name:”, enter the user name you were given when you signed up for an account.
7. In the box labeled “Password:”, enter the password given to you when you signed up for the account.
8. In the box labeled “Connection name”, enter PowerNET.
9. Click the “Create” button.