What you need before you start:
A computer running Windows Vista.
A modem that is connected to a phone line or PowerNET’s highspeed wireless service.
An Internet Dial-Up account through BentonREA’s PowerNET or PowerNET’s highspeed wireless service.
An account information sheet with your username, password and e-mail address.
Adding an e-mail account in Windows Mail:
1. Click on the windows logo.
2. Click “All Programs”.
3. Click “Windows Mail”
4. Click on “Tools”
5. Click on “Accounts”
6. Click on “Add…”
7. Click on “E-mail Account” and click Next
8. Type your full name in the “Display name:” box and click Next.
9. Type the e-mail address given to you when you signed up in the “E-mail address:” box, then click Next.
10. In the “Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server:” and “Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name:” boxes, enter mail.bentonrea.com and make sure the “Outgoing server requires authentication” checkbox is checked. Then, click the Next button.
11. Enter your full email address and password into the respective boxes. Consult the documentation for your full email address and password. Then click Next.
12. Click Finish.
13. If you get this screen, enter your full email address and password again, then click OK.